Knowing where your team is at in real time helps planning at the start of a shoot.
First, how to set up Google Maps Location Sharing - [from Google Support]
If they have a Google Account
1. If you haven't already, add their Gmail address to your Google Contacts.
2. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app and sign in. Learn how to sign in.
3. Tap Menu | Location sharing | Add people.
4. Choose how long you want to share your location.
5. Tap Select People.
*If you’re asked about your contacts, give Google Maps access.
6. Choose who you want to share with.
7. Tap Share.
If you don't have a Google account, click here for details.
There have been more times than I wish to recall that I'm waiting for someone to turn up to a shoot because they're late for various reasons - in Mumbai, usually due to traffic. There's actually a way to track someone who's willing to share their trip progress, which I highly recommend. Once again, this information is found on Google Support.
Share your E.T.A
After you start navigating by car, foot, or bicycle, you can share your destination, estimated arrival time, and where you are on the route.
1. Open the Google Maps app.
2. Set a driving destination. Learn how to navigate to a place.
3. After you start navigation, tap More, Share trip progress.
4. Choose a person from the list.
5. Tap Share.
6. Location Sharing will stop when you reach your destination or stop navigating.
7. To stop sharing before you arrive, tap More, Stop sharing.